basic idea into slow reality
Be Thou My Vision
Tips on color & light from The Artist’s Guide to Color by Wendon Blake
Van Gogh - A Vase of Roses
Van Gogh ‘s a vase of roses. My mother in law has a print of this over her dining room table. It’s my favorite. Love this. Well, other than the sun flowers for Amy.
some places i’ve been out to the last few days this winter break.
top is at an irish pub (where i split some incredible potato croquettes w/ bleu cheese sauce with a friend); bottom is at urban farmhouse, which is tied for first place for classiest place-to-draw-and-drink-coffee place in richmond IMO.
DRUGS by Bryan Lewis Saunders.
Each self portrait is drawn under the influence of different drugs taken daily. Within weeks of this experiment he became lethargic and suffered mild brain damage. He continues to work on this series but with much more time between doses.
My favorite stock artists on deviantArt, for my own reference, but also in case anyone wants some pretty sweet stock images (though most of these people are fairly well-known).
- ahrum-stock has the most insane poses. Seriously HQ dude.
- mjranum-stock has an incredible range of poses, costumes, models, lighting, and angles. Also verrryyyy HQ.
- senshistock has so many stock photos available it blows my mind. Not many different setups, but she always has unique poses and props.
- fairiegoodmother I just think the female model is really pretty.
- yellow-stock more pretty ladies, I’m sensing a pattern.
- felixdeon this dude has some of the weirdest gay fetish stock ever (that’s not true) but he also has an extensive gallery of male nude stock photos which is pretty hard to come by (heh heh come by).
Probably will add to this later as I rediscover photos. Enjoy if anyone is so inclined.
Latest piece for Plansponsor magazine about the tension in choosing -one needs to give up something in order to gain. Big big thanks to AD SooJin!
teacups! This brings me back to my junior year in art school!